Webcam 1 Legend
Mt. Whitney Webcam 2

Webcam 2 Legend
Mt. Whitney Timelapse
Owens Valley North

Owens Valley North Legend
Owens Valley South

Owens Valley South Legend
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mt. Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Re: Trail / Cottonwood Passes Loop - 05.31.2024 by Richard P. @ Today at 04:23 AM

A guess is less than 2 weeks until it's all gone for this year up there... HM to WP is supposed to start on Sunday, but I'm short a Bear Vault (somehow it's gone missing)...I'm debating cheating the system and staying at Rock Creek and Crabtree (Box
Re: Looking for info on Trail Conditions by ComradeBear @ Yesterday at 08:42 PM

Check the "2024" group for updates/photos. At the moment you will need to ascend the snow chute with crampons(not microspikes) and ice axe. Switchbacks are freed up in certain spots and icy in others (so not recommended). Keep up to date on temperat
Re: Solo hiker … am I in over my head?? by ComradeBear @ Yesterday at 08:38 PM

Check the posts/photo updates in the "2024" group. Totally depends on your skill level, preparedness, and gear. Will have to take the snow chute still at this point. Switchbacks opening up depends on temps and melt, so watch weather projections. If
Re: Mountaineer's Route conditions (5/30/24) by ComradeBear @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

Awesome photos! Thanks for an update on conditions. Hope you had a great time!
Re: Pacific Crest Trail 2024 Day 58: Mather Pass by ComradeBear @ Yesterday at 08:26 PM

Lots of snow! Uploaded to YT yesterday, but I wonder when they actually crossed?
Re: 2024 by ComradeBear @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Conditions are always subject to change and accurate conditions are realistically never available until a couple days or so before you head up. Glancing at previous photos can only give you an idea. Do your best to gauge the weather/temperature wit
Pacific Crest Trail 2024 Day 59: Bishop Pass by paul @ Yesterday at 09:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Tc17uBS0o paul
Re: Cottonwood Pass / Chicken Spring Lake - 05.29.2024 by Richard P. @ 05/30/24 09:37 AM

I stopped to talk to the PCT'ers to ask about SoBo to Trail Pass...when I did it a couple of weeks ago, it was at least 75/25 snow/dirt...they said they thought it was closer to 50/50 now...I'm sure (as you've mentioned before) it's still holding sno
Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’

Cottonwood Lakes
Elev 10,196’

Lone Pine
Elev. 3,727’