Webcam 1 Legend
Mt. Whitney Webcam 2

Webcam 2 Legend
Mt. Whitney Timelapse
Owens Valley North

Owens Valley North Legend
Owens Valley South

Owens Valley South Legend
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mt. Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Jump to new posts Re: 2024 by JarodM @ 53 minutes 29 seconds ago

I was up there solo on Sunday/Monday this past week (4/28 & 29) and summited Monday morning via the Mountaineer's Route. Trail was snow free until a few hundred yards past the North Fork/Whitney Trail split. I ended up putting on my crampons after
Jump to new posts Re: Snow pack by Doug Sr @ 04/30/24 04:33 PM

We use a rough guess that as spring hits we see the snow clear about 500' elevation a week , now we are about 9500' in the opoen areas south facing much higher(webcam shows dry very high on south facing slopes). Snow can hold in the shadows and
Mt. Whitney Permit System
Jump to new posts Re: Room for 2? by ComradeBear @ 04/30/24 12:48 PM

Cancelled permits pop up on recreation.gov all the time especially as dates get closer. Keep an eye out for the dates you're hoping for and maybe some will pop up. It helps to be relatively flexible on climbing dates so if a permit pops up a day or
Jump to new posts Re: Whitney MR trail conditions by ComradeBear @ 04/30/24 12:33 PM

Snow level was good in the couloir? How did the final 400 look? Did you take the traverse? Or head straight up?
Jump to new posts Re: Almost Cottonwood Pass (HM Rd) - 04.28.2024 by Richard P. @ 04/28/24 07:20 PM

Forgot to mention...there hasn't been any work on the west side yet...the Front Loaders were still staged in the same place (3rd switchback on the east side?)
Jump to new posts Re: Conditions On Baldy by Shin @ 04/28/24 06:46 AM

Snow on Mt. Baldy is getting thin fast especially in the bowl. This maybe the last weekend for bowl climbing. West side (left hand side most) of bowl and 3 pin alleys (right hand side most) has still good amount of snow left. We took a long snow band
Richard, I just noticed this. This is your 5,228 post. Very prolific. Paul
Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’

Cottonwood Lakes
Elev 10,196’